Pregnancy & Childbirth
All women want a smooth pregnancy, maintaining good health for themselves and their babies. But with so much information out there today on pregnancy, childbirth and motherhood, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed, creating unnecessary anxiety that gets in the way of honouring and enjoying this very special time.
Acupuncture has stood the test of time and modern research confirms it as a natural, non-invasive alternative, either complementary or stand-alone, for many concerns related to fertility, pregnancy, birth and postpartum, including:
- Fatigue and exhaustion
- Morning sickness, nausea and vomiting
- Heartburn and reflux
- Musculoskeletal conditions and back ache
- Varicose veins
- Urinary tract infections
- Anxiety and depression
- Breach and posterior conditions
Benefits of Pre-birth Acupuncture:
- Promotes natural and efficient labour
- Calms the mind
- May reduce the amount of time spent in labour
- May reduce the level of medical intervention
- Works on symptoms of later stages of pregnancy such as: heartburn, constipation, varicose veins, haemorrhoids, leg cramps, bleeding gums, sinusitis, nosebleeds, backache, swelling of hands and feet, difficulty sleeping, and increased anxiety and tiredness
- May induce birth naturally for post-term pregnancy
When approaching the later stages of pregnancy, starting around week 37, Pre-birth Acupuncture in particular creates a strong sense of calm and wellbeing, making the transition easy on both mother and child. Of course, this assists mum to ease into a smooth labour mentally, emotionally and physically.
At Pre-birth treatments, time will also be taken to educate the mother and partner if desired about Acupressure to aid labour. Acupressure is a non-invasive, partner-involved technique that utilises no other tools than a pair of hands and a willingness to listen to mum’s feedback. It provides the couple with a perfect self-help method to benefit all three stages of labour.
Acupuncture for Mums
Unfortunately, the pressures in our society to be ‘supermum’ often lead to stress and overwhelm. Consistent sacrificing of oneself to the kids, family and work can eventually lead to more serious health issues like chronic fatigue or depression.
It’s time for mothers to give back to themselves.
Acupuncture and Energy Healing offer the perfect opportunity for mothers to get some much-needed ‘time-out’, rest and rejuvenation. For many of Olivia’s clients, it’s the one hour per week that is dedicated completely to them, addressing their needs, wishes and concerns — and providing them with the inner calm and vitality they need to be the best mum they can.
- More energy
- Better, improved quality of sleep
- Increased ability to deal with stress
- Feeling more motivated, inspired and creative
- Improved self-expression and confidence
- Improved health and wellbeing overall
- Happy mother = happy family
To book in or find out more about the benefits of Acupuncture in fertility, pregnancy, childbirth and motherhood, please get in touch. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through our Contact page.
Author : Olivia Shurdova
Likes : 0